Helmets are protective pieces of equipment worn by cyclists to prevent heads injuries and protect the human skull. The name is diminutive of “helm,” a medieval word used for protective combat equipment.
The first motorcycle and motorcycle helmets were conceived by Gottlieb Daimler, in the 19th century. The bike had an accompanying leather cap that offered very little in terms of protection.
IN A HURRY? CHECK HERE…..
|Bell Solid Adult Revolver Evo On-Road Racing Motorcycle Helmet - Matte Black / Large||Buy on Amazon|
|Bell Rally Adult Revolver Evo Street Motorcycle Helmet - Matte Black/White/Large||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2021-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
However, in recent times, helmets have been modified to serve better protection to the head, especially in the event of a crash while on speed. The Bell Revolver Evo review is to help those who want to ride in style achieve their dreams.
Bell Revolver EVO Review
Last update on 2021-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Bell Revolver EVO Helmet is a helmet that offers class to a cyclist. The helmet’s design and safety features ensure a higher performance and fun experience for the rider. In record, it is the most stylish helmet on-sell, offers the same protection that a full-face helmet provides, and is cost-effective.
The Bell Revolver EVO has a lightweight polycarbonate alloy casing that is aerodynamic, making it comfortable to wear while on a long ride. The helmet also offers the rider the privilege of swinging the chin guard of the helmet up and out of the way to make speaking easier.
Additionally, Bell EVO Revolver helmet has a large button in front of the chin that makes it easy to raise the visor with one hand, unlike other helmets. The helmet also has an inner shield that is tinted and glare-free and prevents sun rays from disturbing the rider’s eyes. The chin curtain helps prevent cold air from entering the helmet if you are riding in a cold season.
More so, the helmet has an in-built speaker pocket that allows the rider to use audio speakers. The design of the visor, chin guard, and the vents helps reduce noise from penetrating the helmet.
The ventilation system of the EVOs motorcycle helmet is equally superb and helps control temperature within the helmet. The chin straps are soft to feel and magnetic for extra buckling. So, it does not require snaps of slots to hold the ends of the belt together.
Pros & Cons of Bell Revolver EVO
- Aerodynamic casing – Aerodynamics is the way air moves around an object. The aerodynamic casing of the Bell EVO Revolver helmet will help reduce the air drag and lift on the helmet while on high speed and resists buffeting.
- ABS shell – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is the most common material used in the helmet’s outer shell. This material makes the Bell EVO Revolver robust, reliable, and resistant to high impact in an accident.
- Shield system – The Bell helmet has a clear NutraFog II shield that is anti-fog during rain and cold, anti-scratch and UV resistant, thereby reducing the impact of sun rays on the eyes.
- Inner shield – The helmet has a tinted internal visor that comes down by pressing a switch under the left part of the helmet closest to the neck. When pulled down, this tinted shield blocks sun penetration during a ride. This inner visor is also glare-free. So, the rider does not need to wear glasses with the helmet on and does not need to worry about making eye contact with people while wearing the helmet. This feature is peculiar to this modular helmet.
- Pull-up chin guard – The helmet’s chin guard has a button that, when pressed, opens up the whole front part of the helmet.
- Audio enabled – The Bell EVO helmet has an in-built audio speaker pocket that gives a rider the option of using audio speakers with the helmet on.
- Strap keeper – The strap buckle of the Bell helmet has a magnetic clasp that is both convenient and strong. The opening and closing of the magnetic strap are done in a swift motion.
- Vents – The ventilation system of this helmet is reliable. They are on the top part of the helmet and have a clip button that allows for the opening of the vents to allow airflow in hot weather. It also enables closure of the vents to prevent air inflow into the helmet.
- D-ring straps – The helmet has a padded chin strap with D-ring closure. The D-ring strap closure is one of the best helmet fasteners available in new motorcycle helmets. It has two metal D- shaped rings on one side of the strap and a simple strap on the other side.
- Removable interior – The interior of the helmet has removable liner pads and allows for washing in cases where the rider sweats a lot, or the interior is dirty.
- Certified – The helmet is US DOT certified, and meets the FMVSS 218 standard. These standards subject a helmet to forceful impacts and ensure the safety of the helmet wearer in an accident.
- The inner linen of the helmet pops out easily, so it should be properly tucked in.
- The helmet has a narrow head shape.
1. Inner visor
The helmet has a tinted internal visor that comes down by pressing a switch under the left side of the helmet. When pulled down, this tinted shield blocks sun penetration during a ride. This inner visor is also glare-free. So, the rider does not need to wear glasses with the helmet on and does not need to worry about making eye contact with people. This feature is peculiar to this modular helmet.
2. ABS shell
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is the most common material used in the helmet’s outer shell. It is a plastic (chemical) that is heat resistant and protects the helmet against dents. This material makes the Bell EVO Revolver robust, reliable, and resistant to high impact in an accident. The ABS feature in the helmet also functions well in cold weather.
3. Audio enabled
The Bell EVO helmet has an in-built audio speaker pocket that gives a rider the option of using an audio speaker with the helmet on. The helmet is also Bluetooth enabled.
4. D-ring straps
The helmet has a padded chin strap with D-ring closure. The D-ring strap closure is one of the best helmet fasteners available in new motorcycle helmets. It has two metal D- shaped rings on one side of the strap and a simple strap on the other side.
5. Removable interior
The EVO helmet has cheek padding for better fit and comfort. This padding is removable and allows for washing in cases where the rider sweats a lot, or the interior is dirty.
The helmet is US DOT certified and meets the FMVSS 218 standard. These standards subject a helmet to forceful impacts and ensure the safety of the helmet wearer in an accident.
7. Eye-port seal
The eye-port seal is installed in the interior of the helmet to help reduce wind, noise, dust, and dirt from entering the helmet. In case it goes bad, the foam is replaceable. EVO helmet users can also purchase this foam as extra padding for their helmet.
Bell Revolver helmet has a five-year warranty. The helmet has a FREE repair or replacement warranty for any defect in material within one year of purchase.
Bell Revolver EVO helmet D- Ring Fasteners
D-ring fasteners are one of the best types of helmet fasteners in new motorcycle helmets. They are low-profile fasteners and do not break off after much use. So, they are simple and effective for securing helmets to the head. They are equally low cost.
Usually, their make consists of two metal D-shaped rings attached to one end of the strap, while the other strap is just long. These rings make the helmet strap easy to adjust. They are also DOT certified.
To use the D-ring fasteners:
- Pass the long strap through the D-rings
- Take it around and through the center of the first D-ring opening.
- Pull the strap down to tighten it.
- To loosen the D-ring fastener, just pull down the D-ring to release the strap.
The Bell EVO Revolver Magnetic Strap
One part of the helmet that is frequently underrated when choosing a helmet is the buckle. For a helmet to be more productive, and reduce the possibility of falling off, the buckle is crucial.
A magnetic strap is an improved fastener system that offers both convenience and stability to the helmet. It has a popped out bit that smoothly goes into the notch and holds in place by the magnet. The magnetic strap’s design can also open even when wearing gloves.
Use the magnetic strap in these three easy steps:
- Put on your helmet
- Align the two sides of the magnetic straps together so that they are facing each other.
- Do not press them together as the magnet will make them clip together automatically.
- Opening the magnetic strap requires the use of just two fingers in only one snap.
Bell Revolver EVO(FAQs)
1. Is the helmet padding removable?
Yes. You can choose to remove the helmet padding for washing.
2. Can I use my prescribed glasses with this helmet?
It depends on the types of glasses you use. If your prescribed glasses are not too big, there is enough space to wear it with the helmet. But, if they are big and thick, it might interfere with the helmet parts.
3. Is the outside visor of the helmet tinted, as shown in the picture?
The picture shows the optional tinted visor of the helmet. However, the helmet comes with a clear outside screen and a tinted inside flip-down sun shield. The tinted shield is optional.
4. Does the helmet be used with a Bluetooth?
Yes. The helmet has an in-built speaker pocket that is easy to access and is Bluetooth enabled.
5. Is the inner flip-down shield replaceable?
Yes. Bell offers a replacement of the inner shield that is customizable by the user. The replaceable visor colors are transparent, light-smoke, dark-smoke, Orange, Rosy, gray, yellow, gold, red, green, silver, iridium, and blue.
Bell helmets are manufactured by Bell Sports, an American company that produces bicycle and motorcycle helmets. These helmets are DOT and SNELL certified for specific sports activities. Bell helmet brand stands for safety, quality, and excellence.
The brand has a strong appeal amongst motorcycle riders across all riding styles and types, has a great look, and has reliable, durable, and unique features.
Bell Revolver Evo review proves that the helmet has better quality and cost value than most brand helmets.
William Demello is a professional biker and racer with over 10 years of experience. He believes in safety first, that’s why he analyzes the helmet before other relevant elements. With this long experience, now he has decided to share his experience with others. Know more at the about page.