If you love to have fun riding your bike, going to the bike club, or hanging out with friends, then you know what it means to have a helmet.
No other sports gadget or support can meet up to the protectiveness the helmet brings. It helps guard the significant part of our body, which is the head. So, it is vital to invest in the most protective and best ventilated motorcycle helmet possible.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
Last update on 2022-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Also, we all want to purchase a helmet that will serve both on-road and off-track riding. Dual sport helmets are the best for that purpose, although they vary in ability and capacity.
So, we have put together this guide to help you with the information and tricks that can help you in buying the best dual sport helmet for your riding adventure.
1. Triangle Motorcycle Street Bike Dual Visor Helmets DOT Approved
No products found.
Do you desire a street bike that offers you super safe, comfort, and style? The triangle motorcycle street bike dual visor helmet is your one-stop choice.
Unlike other dual sport helmets, this headgear offers essential and quality features without causing you to close your bank. The mask is made with an advanced ABS shell plus a high thermoplastic technology for withstanding the fiercest of impacts. Also, there is the multi-density EPS liner that acts as a shock absorber. Therefore, letting the helmet take the shots while keeping you away from the shock.
It is super comfortable as it exposes you to an uninterrupted supply of air with its top and back vents. This dual-sport motorcycle helmet also comes with a dual anti-scratch visor to give you a full view of your track as well as a quick changing system.
Thankfully, it’s extra-comfortable inner paddings are removable, washable and antibacterial built. So, you don’t have to worry about the sweat as you can always sundry or wash.
For extra safety, the product comes with a micrometric chin strap closure plus a DOT approval signature. Riding a motorcycle just got better.
- Advanced Shell- It contains ABS shells with thermoplastic technology that makes the helmet secure and durable. It also has the ability to withstand substantial impacts and pressures.
- Multi-density EPS Liner- The different levels of padded materials in the system will give you a more comfortable riding experience. It also helps protect the user from shock and injury during unforeseen situations. Also, liners are detachable, washable, and hygienic.
- Ventilation System- The product offers total ventilation with its top and back extractors for more air saturation.
- Visors- The helmet comes with two screens, one for dark and gloomy periods and the other for bright or sunny times. Also, visors can be easily changed and are anti-scratch.
- DOT Approved- At the back of the helmet, you have a crested DOT logo for total certification.
Pros & Cons of Triangle Motorcycle Helmets
- Ensures safety- the ABS shell and EPS liner provides total safety measures as you run both on and off-road. ABS shell means the helmet will not break easily, and the soft EPS liner will save you from shock. The DOT certification is a further assurance of its safety.
- It is well aerated- the adjustable vent system makes the helmet well supplied with air.
- Easy to maintain- the anti-scratch visor plus the removable, washable, and antibacterial liner makes it easier to keep while maintaining personal hygiene.
- The visor doesn’t have an anti-fog system. However, it’s top and rear extractors liner venting supplies the system with the maximum amount of air to dry-out fogs.
2. Woljay Dual Sport Off-Road Motorcycle helmet Dirt Bike ATV DOT certified.
Last update on 2023-01-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Woljay is one of the most highly recognized brands in the market today. One of their products is this quality, classy, and cost-effective dual sport helmet with sun visor.
This open-faced design helmet is built with an advanced ABS shell to give it a super slim and portable look. It is, however, offering you super protection from external impact. And the lightweight features that make it easy to wear it for a long distance without risking any chance of neck strain.
The system has vents that allow air intake and an exhaust scoop for expelling air. It is suitable for all ages, as it comes in various sizes. To shield you entirely from high sun rays, this dual sport helmet also comes with a dark visor which can be easily detached for a normal one—giving its user more riding choice.
There’s also the cool inner padding that keeps its user comfortable and protected and the inscribed DOT certification at the back for valid safety approval.
- Shell- It has an ABS outer shell which consists of durable thermoplastic technology that helps protect its user from substantial impacts. It is, therefore, protecting the head. It’s also lightweight structure also makes its user enjoy long rides.
- Removable Visor- The visor is detachable and allows the user to toggle between choices, especially during very bright days.
- Ventilation- There is the presence of adjustable front vents and a rear vent for expelling exhaust scoops.
Pros & Cons of Woljay Dual helmet
- It is convenient- It’s lightweight and soft inner paddings makes the helmet comfortable to use.
- Suitable for various age-groups- The device comes in multiple sizes, which makes it easy to send as a gift.
- It is affordable- Unlike other helmets, the helmet comes with the same features at a considerable price.
- It comes with a sun visor which may not be suitable for night or gloomy days. However, you can order for the bright screen as visors are detachable and can be changed.
3. Dual Sports Atv Utv Motocross Bike Helmet
The helmet is great for having such price, but the face shield wraps the vision little.
When I first noticed it, I had no wish to return it as I needed a helmet. I have to learn more things about it.
The distortion is not intolerable, but it seems annoying. Before you like to buy, think more about it.
If you think, this is a matter for you; you are likely to go to buy the most expensive helmet. The helmet is amazing with such price.
- Advanced Super Lightweight Durable Shell
- Well vented throughout: various venting ports
- Have got DOT certificate
- UTV or ATV Dual Sports Hybrid Adult helmet
- Vivid anti-fog up as well as down face shield
Pros & Cons of Dual Sports Atv Utv Helmet
- The materials are great and all up to pay
- The sizing of it is not the target
- Halfway up, all the way down and all the way up
- The visor gives more room to use sunglasses or glasses underneath and has three positions
- Chin strap is uncomfortable and seems like a neck strap instead of a chin strap
4. Bell Unisex-Adult Off-Road Helmet
Last update on 2023-01-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For this type of helmet, there are various colors of shields. To fit well, the helmet must be snug and should move the facial skin except sliding around.
My head is bigger than the other; it is my normal measurement. See the user’s manual to wear it accurately or to know the way to wear it.
Some people just stick the straight helmet overhead and do not rotate it down, so the helmet remains above the eyes.
If you do, you will also feel like them. You like to enjoy using the helmet.
See the manual and read thoroughly to know the way to use it accurately.
- Velocity is flowing ventilation system for comfort and cooling and moisture wicking, washable or removable air channel comfort liner.
- Made of lightweight polymer composite shell three shell
- Five-year leading guarantee from the industry
- EPS sizes to ensure personalized fit integrated Face Shield
- EPS-lined chin bar added mouth vent padding chin strap
- Strap keeper and D-ring closure
Pros & Cons of Bell Unisex-Adult Off-Road Helmet
- Comfortable and cool looking helmet
- With the price the helmet is great
- The visor mechanism is very smooth, has some outlines along the bottom that causes image distortions within the viewing areas
- Produces high noise. The helmet is noisy when the speed is higher
5. Dual Sports Helmet – Off Road Motocross Helmet
You can easily and quickly convert the helmet from shield configuration into shield less configuration which may be used along with goggles at the time of riding on the way.
Visor aids to pass air uninterrupted across helmet, to eliminated helmet lift with great speed.
Would you like to use a narrow snow helmet? For this, you may buy double pane shield, breath box, and electric shield separately.
- Easily convert from shield configuration to shield less configuration
- The visor can help airflow uninterrupted across the helmet to eliminate helmet-lift
- The shield is possible to remove while using goggles
Pros & Cons of Dual Sports Helmet
- Typical D-Ring closure chin strap
- Upgraded front flow ventilation method along with channels for comfort and maximum venting
- Having a drawstring fabric carrying bag
- Some wind noise while going with high speed
6. NEXX X.D1 Baja Orange motorcycle helmet
Last update on 2022-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you ride on the street, endure, off the road, the Nexx X.D1 is just for you. The air dynamic system adds a chin air intake 2 top air intakes as well as four air outlets. There are more features with it for comfort, protection, and convenience than you may shake a stick at.
It has an aerodynamic profile made for reducing lift, controlling airflow and turbulence with highest speeds. The Cheek pads are decorated with an Emergency Strap System to permit super easy and rapid release at the time of the crash. The off road ventilation system gives more fresh air to the chin area.
A removable support may normally be inserted on the both sides of the helmet or to the top of the peak to add an action area. For lateral support, it has an action camera. The XD1 is made for Quick Strap System to add goggles easily.
Features of NEXX X.D1 Baja Orange Motorcycle Helmet
- Pinlock-ready face shield
- Anti fog position as well as simple lock polycarbonate Lexan face shield
- Double D-ring chin closure
- Washable and removable CoolMax 3D lining as well as Cheek pads
- Pinlock insert lens prepared
- Extensive panoramic field of view
- Interior Drop down sun shield with eighty percent tint
Pros & Cons of NEXX X.D1 Baja Motorcycle Helmet
- Carbon reinforcement and uncommon aramid fibers
- The helmet may be easily and quickly switched between adventure or off road touring helmet for street riding full face
- The Nexx XD1 Dual Sports helmet comes with a shell construction having X Matrix technology
- Nothing to mention
What are dual sport helmets?
Dual sport helmets are those helmets that can be used both on and off-road. They are a combination of both off-road helmet large visible visor and the comfortable inner paddings of a full-face helmet. This makes them more comfortable with better riding options.
They have better soundproofing options, plus they can serve as full-face helmets and can also be positioned in a way where they can be used with goggles.
Is A Dual Sport Helmet Right For You?
If you are conversant with using the regular full-face helmet, you must have noticed a change when you started using a dual-sport helmet. The visor and top of the helmet affect the aerodynamics movement, especially when you are running at or above 60mph, as it makes it a buffet even more.
Also, if you engage in mix riding such as occasional highway rides, street riding, back roads, or even dirt roads. Then a dual sport helmet is just right for you.
Why Dual Sport Helmets
What is your plan to do with the bike? Many of the people who have such type of question are very much surprised as a response to the question back.
There is silence on the other part of the phone as users like to figure out what I like to say. This is not a trick question, though most have faith in it.
I have a question as most people like to have ADV world traveler. Riding on Tierra Del Fuego any time should the mood and money and unexpected fall off anytime three months of free time fall into the lap.
Most buyers will rack up seat time riding supers lab and desired some twisters of the paved variety.
This is the general tendency of human nature. Vehicle gives us many things; we would like to exploit them.
This is a sports bike having 190 mph speed or ADV geo lander which catch much gear, gas and fark less as a little car. If you are happy with the helmet, you can go anywhere you like, do anything.
You need to consider the benefits of using helmets. You must be honest with yourself to use your machine for most of the time, not for the minimum use.
We have tested many dual sports helmets on the market and finally found that the ADV helmets have made improvement for the last few years.
They have not overcome street helmets about aerodynamics and noise and most of the weight.
The most improvement comes to the aerodynamics but as sixty to seventy mph.
A helmet having 6-inch appendage design is not so smooth or drags free like other full face helmets.
The helmet is not a great deal for short bursts if you desire to pass bigger miles.
You may stop the journey for a stress headache or the neck size of the bodybuilders.
Types of Dual Sport Helmet
There are various types of a dual-sport helmet; they include:
- Crossover helmet
- ADV helmet
- Hybrid helmet
- Enduro helmet
How To Choose The Best Dual Sport Helmet For You?
Whether you are a motorcycle rider or a sports bike person, you do need to go for a helmet that will grant you optimum protection. There are some factors to put into consideration to get the best dual sport helmet for you like:
Comfort is an essential factor to look out for when buying a dual-sport helmet. You wouldn’t want to go for something that is very weighty and will cause you discomfort or head strain. However, it is best to go for lightweight helmets that are durable and have sufficient influx and outflux of air for proper ventilation.
The Department of Transport(DOT) certification is a mandate set by the United States that all motorcycle helmets must meet. So, always make sure that the headgear you are getting has the DOT approved for safety and assurance. You can look out for it as some adventure helmet usually has it at the backside.
Selecting the right helmet size for you is another safety measure as a very tight or loose helmet will not guarantee you of optimum safety.
To get the right fit for your head, measure the fullest part of your head using a measuring tape. It is an easy task, but if you find it difficult, you can get a friend to do it for you.
For measurement that ranges from 53-56 cm, you should opt for small helmets. If it’s from 57-58cm, you should get the medium size helmet, 59-60cm; large helmet; 61-62cm for extra-large. However, you can always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for more size options.
Most motorcycle riders have experienced skin tanning in their face after spending a long time in the sun. Especially riders that thread extreme terrains and hot weather. However, it is better to go for dual sport helmets that have UV ray protection for reflecting the heat. Also, aim for those with visors that are anti-fog and anti-scratch to shield you from cold and the wind.
When sweats get into the helmet after frequent usage, it starts oozing out an offensive odor. Also, there is an accumulation of dirt, which can be both unpleasant and discomforting to the rider.
However, the best dual sport helmet to go for ti avoid this sort of situation are those that can help you maintain proper hygiene. So, go for headgear that has a detachable, washable, and antibacterial lining to keep your helmet fresh and comforting.
Although helmets are produced for protecting the head, the noise that emanates from some of them can result in hearing issues. Noise may result from the engine of the bike; others may arise from the air that hits the helmet when at high speed. Thus, it is essential to go for a mask without noise even when the bike is at high speed.
Dual Sport Helmet vs. Full Face Helmets
Dual sport helmet and full-face helmet seem similar in size and built; however, the difference is in their visor. The dual-sport helmet gives a bit more field view than a full-face headgear.
Also, there is the detaching visor option, which is more suitable for dual sport motorcycle helmet users. Especially when on trails than on the street.
Best Dual Sport Helmet FAQs
1. How do I know if I need a dual sport helmet?
The first thing to know if you need a dual-sport helmet is to calculate the times you spend riding on the track and off track. If you do both often, then a dual sport helmet is for you.
2. What are the benefits of wearing a helmet?
Wearing a helmet will protect your head from injury during dangerous times. It also helps minimize the damage caused by substantial impacts.
3. What Factors Affect the Comfort Level of Motorcycle Helmets?
The comfort level of your helmet is mainly affected by the weight, inner linings, chin strap, and ventilation. For comfort, your motorcycle should be lightweight, well-padded, easy to lose chin strap, and well supplied with air.
4. Will wearing a helmet lead to hearing issues?
Wearing a helmet will help reduce the noise that emanates from the engine. It enables you to shut out the sound from the engine and allows you to hear the normal street noise. Thus, enhancing your riding experience.
5. Will a dual sport helmet limit my vision?
No, usually the dual sport helmet provides a high level of vision. You can wear the headgear to see if it affects your vision. You can also go for a test ride to see the rate of vision it gives you.
Dual sport helmet gives his rider something between the full face and off-road helmet. Now that you have read the facts, you can decide the best dual sport helmet to option for.
However, it is best to go for helmets that offer all the essential features at a considerable price, although your selection depends solely on your budget.
But if you want a dual-sport helmet with quality, that can also help you save more. Then, you should go for a Woljay dual sports off-road helmet as it fits and has more breathing options.
William Demello is a professional biker and racer with over 10 years of experience. He believes in safety first, that’s why he analyzes the helmet before other relevant elements. With this long experience, now he has decided to share his experience with others. Know more at the about page.