Not all cheap bike helmets are junk!
Yes, that’s true.
Though there is a misconception that low price tag items are crap, it’s time to break the stereotype. Like you, I was on that bubble of price tag until these affordable crazy bike helmets came in my hand.
And that’s the biggest wakeup call ever for me!
It’s true that mountain bike items price is creeping up but not impossible to find the good stuff at a reasonable cost.
And guess what?
I walked that path and figured out some Best mountain bike helmet under 50 that may help you to believe again not all affordable items is not a piece of junk.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
|Lixada Mountain Bike Helmet Ultralight Adjustable MTB Cycling Bicycle Helmet Men Women Sports...||Buy on Amazon|
|Lixada Adult Bike Helmet Mountain Bicycle Helmet 25 Vents Adjustable Comfortable Safety Helmet for...||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2023-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Are Cheap Bike Helmets Safe?
And probably It’s the question you secretly dread to ask.
Honestly speaking, you shouldn’t expect all the features and benefits you get in the pricey helmet. I am talking about velocity, coefficient of restitution and impact performance.
But here’s the rub:
You need to keep in mind that these best budget bike helmets are recommended for bicycle, not for the bike. And the safety standard is good enough to keep your head safe while you’re going for bicycle riding.
Best Mountain Bike Helmet under 50: Inexpensive Helmet with an Impressive Result
What is the best helmet for mountain biking?
Glad you asked!
Here is a list of best mountain bike helmet review that you won’t want to miss.
1. Lixada mountain bike helmet ultralight- best mtb helmet for small head
Last update on 2023-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Stretched out budget but want to avoid bump on the head?
Look no further because this lixada mountain bike helmet is surprisingly ultralight and handy within your tight budget. There are a million reasons to fall in love with this bike helmet. But let me start this lixada mountain bike helmet review with the technical specification.
Specification at a Glimpse
- Color: Available in 7 options
- Vents: 13
- Material: EPS & PC
- Head circumference: 56-62cm
- Weight: Approximately 12.8oz
Why we love it?
With improved coverage, this stuff is a true lifesaver with more protective than ever. This helmet has been particularly designed for mountain biking, as well as recommended for riding, scootering, and trail cycling.
Here is the coolest feature:
Apart from the appealing look, this protective gear has impressive 13 vents. That means you will blow away with cool airflow while you’re cycling. And that should be the core attributes of a good biking helmet.
With Integrated in-mould PC shell, this has been one of the comfortable helmets we came across. The wheel adjuster seems excellent while the cushions are much thicker than most high profile helmets. Soft chin is not only breathable but also guard you along with comfort fit.
This is not safe enough for motor vehicles.
- EPS impact foam
- Removable inner quality padding
- Ultra-lightweight construction
- Flimsy visor attached
2. Lixada Bike Helmet- Best Youth Mountain Bike Helmet for Men
Last update on 2023-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
These won’t be protective for a motorbike very well—but for cycling, they’re a great value.
Actually, Lixada is run by a bunch of crazy enthusiastic who love to help people for exploring running, cycling, and snow driving, hunting and outdoor activities- with the right protective gear.
Specification at a glimpse
- Color: Orange, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, White
- Material: EPS
- Vent: 25 vents
- Head width: 18.5cm
- Head circumference: 56~62cm
- Item weight: 238g / 8.4oz
Why we love it?
I love how this helmet size can be adjustable. The one-hand fit adjustment makes it more comfortable, wide head circumference of 22.0 – 24.4 inch.
What about ventilation?
With 25 vents, this gonna give you ample ventilation. This makes it very breathable. Wrapping with compact release buckle, this stuff got a really soft foam pad to ensure your riding safety.
But the craziest thing is:
A detachable sun visor will give a solid shield from the sun. Super easy to install as well as to be removed! Another great feature, this is washable. Designed with EPS Material, this does a great job in reducing the impact of external forces.
- Compact Release Buckle
- Integrally-moulded EPS
- Good breathability
- Slightly less coverage
3. GoMax aero Mountain Bike Bicycle Helmet
No products found.
It matches nicely with alterations on the straps. The straps are further behind my ear compared to preceding helmets therefore that it felt somewhat “off” initially, but I don’t detect it at all even though I do use different masks in addition to this one.
A great deal of padding allows it to be observed very encircling. The only little drawback is that the visor is somewhat long which occasionally leaving me glancing thru the holes inside.
On the other hand, I readily mounted a backlight onto the rear of the helmet along with the strap does not press against my scalp.
- Sophisticated aerodynamic layout
- The reflective back adjustable dial
- Optimal ventilation
Pros & Cons of GoMax Aero Cycling Mountain Bike Bicycle Helmet
- Absorbs the impact at a crash
- Nothing worried about
4. Gonex SKI Cycling Bike Helmet
No products found.
Good helmet for the price. Surely does the occupation. I had been busy taking evasive actions as a vehicle driver pulled in front of me. And that’s the reason we use them, people!!
- Material: Home: High quality 08 Millimeter PC + matt printing, internal casing: 85 EPS (high-density foaming/imported substances) integrally molded
- Head circumference: Around 54 to 62 cm flexible
- Comfortable pillow liner high-sided post black velvet to get shockproof
Pros & Cons of Gonex Ski Helmet
- Its hole layout is much more realistic, comfier, more convenient, comfier. 23 integrated stream vents to help keep the rider cool
- With the flexible rotary inner regulator, adjust the tightness of mind circumference size versatility
- The Cozy pillow liner High-sided post black velvet to get shockproof
- Equipped with front brim
- Nothing mentionable
5. Mars Bike Helmet
No products found.
Possessing a reasonably significant noggin, I had been skeptical this would match. A fast and effortless expansion to the headband within the helmet and that I got the perfect match.
There’s even room for alterations for somebody using a more massive noggin compared to mine. Like the venting the layouts and dropped it a few times and no crash evaluations to report. For the cost, it is a beautiful helmet. It fits nicely, and it will allow the end to keep my head cool.
My sole concern is how long would the interior material last? But in case you’re searching for a lightweight, cheap motorcycle helmet, you cannot go wrong with this item. Oh, and it had been delivered way before the initial schedule.
- Light binding/No gap play with a much better safety role of the mind. Xiangplaza sells the helmet.
- The detachable visor help avoid foreign bodies and supply a color for your own eyes.
- Size: head girth: 52-62cm, mind width over 18. 5cm.The alterations can produce the helmet is acceptable for you, over 95 percent of people may utilize it.
Pros & Cons of Mars Bike Helmet
- Easy usage
- Superior merchandise in cost worth
- Easy cleaning
- No worries at all
Cycling Helmets Guide: What To Look For In A Mountain Bike Helmet?
Don’t get fooled by the price tag.
Cheap mountain bike helmets can also be cool if you are able to find the right one. How do I choose a mountain bike helmet?
Here is some important fact you need to know to find the best budget mountain bike helmet.
Helmet Safety Standards
This also goes to the best budget bike helmet. No matter whether it’s motorbike or cycle, helmets and all protection accessories have to go through mandatory federal safety standards.
Here is the minimum standard for a bicycle helmet:
The bicycle helmet must have chin straps so that this stick perfectly on the head. Make sure the helmet you choose to meet the voluntary safety standards.
Comfort, comfort, comfort!
Wearing a helmet for a longer period of time is not a joke. And quite impossible if it is not comfortable enough! So keep that in mind.
Can’t imagine of going riding without goggle!
To me, it’s a must-have item. The good news is most helmets are goggles compatible nowadays. Not only protect you from sun, this also ensures good ventilation.
Who likes to put a bulky helmet on the head for the day-long tour?
I guess no one.
Weight may seem a minor consideration for most of the rider, but to me, it’s really important. And I want you to think about it. There are some cool mountain bike helmets that are pretty lightweight yet meet the entire safety requirement. You can go for them.
Warmer and sweatier!
Most disgusting feeling ever! To avoid this situation, ample ventilation is a must. Having lots of vents will be a blessing, keep that in mind. The proper airflow will make your bicycle journey more pleasurable.
Key Features of Mountain Bike Helmet
This stands for expanded polystyrene, and it is in the crux of every single helmet. It is lightweight, inexpensive and, like a crumple zone in your auto, compresses through an effect to consume the energy.
The Multi-directional Impact Protection System employs a 2nd inner plastic liner, near the scalp, which may slide across the internal shell with a few millimeters in the moment of impact. This helps decrease rotational brain injuries in multiplying effects. MIPS adds expenditure, takes up space within the helmet and generally restricts airflow.
Padding density and thickness is having a substantial impact on perspiration absorption in addition to overall comfort. The helmets with more heavy inner padding may run somewhat hotter than people who have minimum, narrow strips but are not as inclined to dribble perspiration.
A retention device permits you to correct the dimensions and match the helmet. Both systems are powerful. However, the dial system may be utilized one-handed, which means it’s possible to adjust the helmet on the go.
This is made of plastic, which makes it lightweight, simple to mold and offered in a vast assortment of colors.
The top visors could be tilted up and down, but there is no point getting it from the way in case it drops down. It wants a stable adjustment method, either using a ratchet or screws that are fixed.
What’s the difference between men’s and women’s helmets?
We analyzed both the men’s and women’s versions of every helmet lineup we can. The only differences we found were at the sizing, and women’s helmets usually have a more significant gap between the protective memory and retention method at the trunk to permit for a ponytail.
Men attempted the women’s versions, and girls tried the men’s releases, and we arrived at the end that you ought to only get whatever matches and has beautiful colors that are appealing to you.
Thoughts on MIPS
The slide plane concept is reasonable in theory, however, should not implemented correctly, doesn’t longer than jack up the right prices on helmets which are only as secure (and more economical) with no MIPS. You may read a more comprehensive history on MIPS here. However, I have outlined the salient points on why MIPS could be more fiction than truth.
- The slide plane concept demands a complete sliding coating that lots of companies aren’t using correctly. The coating interface doesn’t completely encircle the helmet or neglects to offer the proper sliding material.
- The entire scalp (especially combined with oil, hair, and sweat) is Mother Nature’s MIPS.
- including a coating for MIPS provokes businesses to reduce the EPS lining, which can be more significant in mitigating head injury.
- Rounder and smoother helmets might be as fantastic as MIPS in supplying a slip-able airplane.
- MIPS will not create a helmetless secure but do not rest less if your next favorite helmet does not have it.
If it comes to helmets, the match is identical to security, but the game isn’t standardized under any evaluation. It is your choice to decide proper helmet fit. The form of the mold is chosen by individual helmet makers, which explains precisely why a few helmets suit you better than they fit me.
- The interior of the helmet must come in touch with your whole mind and sit flat, just over the forehead, without interfering with vision.
- The one-size-fits-many ring method ought to be tensioned enough that your scalp goes together with the helmet.
- More expensive helmets have just two to three elevation changes for the back stabilizer to new tune the match.
- Straps must be tight enough that the helmet goes no longer than an inch out of degree.
- Straps fulfill at any that’s corrected just under the ear.
- When secured, assess the buckle’s power by giving it a quick pull.
If the helmet moves over an inch or slips across the entire scalp following the above measures, then maybe it does not work to your head.
- Because of extra adjustability, locating the proper half casing isn’t quite as catchy as a complete face, which is determined by internal pads along with a mold which most fits your head.
- A properly-fitted full face should practically feel too cozy. Do not worry, that squishy foam cushioning will shortly pack out to where it seems just perfect.
- Make sure that there are no voids between head and helmet.
- Cheek pads need to feel firm enough from the cheeks which you cannot entirely pull out them and importantly, it makes talking a bit harder.
- Together with the chin strap secured, catch the eyebrow bar and stone the complete head to and for; your scalp ought to proceed with this.
- If you’re planning on rocking a neck brace, then take it together to guarantee compatibility.
Helmet Materials and Construction
Regardless of the assortment of contours, tensioning systems, port orientation, along with other characteristics, nothing on your helmet is much more significant than the crushable foam lining squeeze in between the outer shell as well as your head.
EPS may be tuned to a density that suits the helmet program (milder for slow rate affects and tougher for high speed). Some businesses employ multiple memory thicknesses to attain the best of the two.
How To Choose A Mountain Bike Helmet
Mountain Bike Helmet FAQs
What is the safest mountain bike helmet?
Question: there are plenty of MTB helmet mountain bike has given us that are proven to be safe. I particularly like to mention the name of lixada mountain bike helmet ultralight.
Are mountain bike helmets safer?
Answer: Well, the good news is mountain bikes have to go through a federal safety standard. So you can easily believe them.
Why do MTB helmets have visors?
Answer: we all know visor is used to shield from sun. Apart from these, this got plenty of benefits. That’s why MTB helmets are designed with visor.
How often should a bicycle helmet be replaced?
Answer: well, it depends on how frequently you wore them. But it is recommended to replace the helmet after every three years.
Many states make it mandatory to wear a helmet. There is thousands of legit logic why it’s essential to wear a helmet as a part of your gear.
It’s all for your safety dude. But before wrapping up, let me confess one thing, these cheap mountain bike helmets are only recommended for bicycle, not with the motor vehicle.
William Demello is a professional biker and racer with over 10 years of experience. He believes in safety first, that’s why he analyzes the helmet before other relevant elements. With this long experience, now he has decided to share his experience with others. Know more at the about page.