Wouldn’t it be nice to find an all-in-one welding machine that would handle all welding processes? I’m sure you will be more than happy to have such a tool in your hands. If you are in dire need of such a machine, then this Lincoln 210 MP review is perfect for you!
The Lincoln 210 MP is a welding machine and arguably the best cost-effective welder machine for home use today. It comes with excellent features and easy-to-use display that makes it suitable for even beginners to use. Despite the awesomeness of this machine, it still has some downsides.
Read along as we take you through the Lincoln 210 MP reviews.
IN A HURRY? CHECK HERE…..
|Lincoln Electric Powermig 210 Mp #K3963-1||Buy on Amazon|
|Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder||Buy on Amazon|
|LINCOLN ELECTRIC CO K2697-1 Easy MIG 140 Wire Feed Welder,||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2023-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Lincoln 210 MP Reviews
Last update on 2023-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you are looking to upgrade from 140HD machine, the Lincoln 210 MP is the welder you should consider.
This welder is portable and encompasses four other welding functions into one compact machine. You can perform tasks that involve the use of MIG, TIG, Stick, and Flux-core. With the right settings, you are just a step away from completing that specific welding job of yours.
Whether welding is your hobby or you are a professional in need of a multipurpose welder, this machine can serve all purposes. The machine is ideal for home use as well.
There are three ways to start the machine – you either use the scratch start, lift start, or the high-frequency start. The latter is more widely used these days due to its convenience and safety. It is electrically-powered and comes with a short cord – so you need to be careful while setting it up.
Thanks to the easy-to-use digital display, plus the plush controls, it’s easy for anyone to use the welder. With that, you won’t need to hire the services of a welder. You can perform your welding job with this welder once you are correctly guided.
The price may be a little over the top, but the features justify the cost. You get the functions of four welders in one compact welder. This is a beautiful welder for anyone who adores versatility and portability.
Pros & Cons of Lincoln 210 MP
- Durability – Lincoln 210 welder is made with a combination of reinforced heavy-duty plastics and metal frame. That means that the machine can withstand some hits and rough usage as you move it from one destination to another. The combination of those materials further makes the machine durable. So you are sure of using this welder for many years.
- Versatility – The ability of this machine to take on different welding tasks makes the machine versatile. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, the machine can perform impeccably as TIG, MIG, Flux-core, and Stick.
- Easy-to-use – The fact that this versatile machine is easy to use is a big plus on the side of the manufacturer. For those who are unfamiliar with the controls and setup, the welder provides an easy guide for that. The plush and straightforward controls and large, intuitive digital display are easy, so beginners and professionals alike can use this machine with convenience.
- Dual Input Voltage – You can either plug your welder on 120V or 230V, depending on the task at hand. This is useful if you have low power at home, and you would like to make some quick welding.
- Portability – The Lincoln 210 MP is compact, and transporting is very easy due to its portable nature. Since it’s compact, you can easily pack it in one place. It’s lightweight, and you can easily carry it on your lap if you are traveling.
- Price – While the Lincoln 210 comes with exciting features, it doesn’t come cheap. The relatively high price may chase away some buyers who only intend to use the welder occasionally.
- No AC Mode for Aluminum – TIG welding is only done on AC mode, which is a big downside of TIG welding.
Features of Lincoln 210 MP
Lincoln Power MIG 210 is easily portable and compact. The machine weighs just about 40lbs, which by standards is light. So you won’t have any complications transporting the machine. Even a toddler can move the machine about.
There is a solid handle at the top of the welder that simplifies the job of carrying and lifting it. Being lightweight and portable is one of the reasons why it’s so much easier to work with the machine.
Lincoln 210 MP has a dual input voltage of 115V and 230V. That means you won’t be affected by a low power supply if you wish to use the machine immediately. The machine is readily available to accommodate the power supply that will be enough to power the unit for your home use.
You also get power output that ranges from 20-140A for 115V and 20-220A for 230V. During use, there are two fans at the back of the machine that cools it so that optimal efficiency can be maintained.
The welder can cut through 3/16″ aluminum with a spool gun and 5/16″ stainless steel. For very thick metals, that is where the flux-cored feature comes in.
The large color display makes it easy for the user to read through and complete his welding process. The digital display provides clear guidance on how to complete your welding setup. This is so that you don’t make any mistake since you may be using the machine for the first time.
The display will show you all the variables that you have entered, including the cables you have installed.
Plush Digital Controls
The controls on the welding machine are easy to use, and the mechanism of usage is simple to comprehend. This reduces the time used in setting up the welder. The plush controls, coupled with the easy-to-read digital display, makes the welder very most user-friendly.
It would be very disappointing if Lincoln didn’t come with any warranty. However, the three years warranty on the product is quite admirable from the part of the manufacturer. That means that if anything should go wrong in that period, you can ask for support.
Lincoln also offers you the opportunity to extend the warranty for a $100 fee. However, this is not compulsory.
What is Lincoln Power MIG 210, and What is Best For?
As we stated earlier, the Lincoln welding machine is a powerful welding machine that can perform a variety of functions. The machine is known for its portability and versatility. The 4-in-1 device can perform tasks related to MIG, TIG, stick, or flux-cored. These functions make the Lincoln welder efficient.
Depending on what task to perform, all you need to do is remove and connect the appropriate torch and clamp. For example, if you intend to use the machine for TIG, connect the TIG torch to the DC terminal since the device doesn’t support AC TIG. After that, the group clamp.
Make some adjustments to the controls on the digital display by changing the digital controls to TIG. Then make sure if the gas is connected. After you are done with all this, then you are good to go.
Stick and MIG follow the same process. If you want to weld aluminum with MIG, you have to use a spool gun. Avoid using TIG for welding aluminum.
Who Should Buy This?
The Lincoln Power MIG 210 would make an excellent choice for beginners who wants a multipurpose welding machine without having to invest in buying different welding machines for various purposes. Also, it’s well suited for anyone who wants to get started with welding at home.
How to Weld Aluminum with a Lincoln MIG Welder
Before you get started with welding, you need to set up the welder. That means inputting the necessary variables. Based on the inputs, the welder will automatically set the wire speed, amps, and voltage. You can see all this in the large digital display. Should you notice any mistake in the variables, you can make adjustments.
Now that you have set up the welder, you will need an argon shielding gas, an aluminum wire, and a respirator to protect you from inhaling the fumes – the fumes might be cancerous to health.
- Prep the material you are going to weld.
- Open the doors and windows to let in air and allow the fumes to leave.
- Aluminum expands when exposed to heat. So ensure the tip of your welding gun is bigger than the wire.
- Start welding!
Baker’s Review of Lincoln Power MIG 210 MP
Lincoln 210 MP(FAQs)
Where can I get a replacement cord for my welder?
You can either decide to make one for yourself or purchase on Lincoln’s website.
Can you TIG weld aluminum with this machine?
You can weld aluminum with the Lincoln MIG, but you can’t TIG weld it. Your welder needs to be on AC mode to do that, which is unavailable in the welder.
Is the welder’s body plastic or metal?
The body of the machine comprises of 50% reinforced plastics and 50% metal.
Where is the Lincoln 210 MP welder manufactured?
The machine is manufactured in Mexico.
What is the warranty for this product?
We have examined the pros and cons of this product in the Lincoln 210 MP reviews, and there’s no doubt that the welder would make an excellent choice. Whether you intend to use it at home, metal shop, or semi-professional use, it would be more than enough for your welding jobs.
Although the welding machine is not the best for professionals who do TIG welding, it’s most suitable for beginners who don’t plan on using it professionally.