Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is like living between pleasure and peril because the safety a helmet offers to the rider is essential. Helmets help prevents severe head and brain injuries that may occur in the event of an accident or a crash.
IN A HURRY? CHECK HERE…..
Last update on 2021-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Choosing the perfect helmet that is both durable and inexpensive is a rider’s most challenging time. Being able to tell the quality of a helmet is an additional ache for the rider.
The Thousand bike helmet Review will serve as an escape route from this challenge and can be an answer to a rider’s long time quest.
Thousand Bike Helmet Review
Last update on 2021-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Thousand Helmet collections are manufactured by a China-based American-owned factory. An interview with Forbes states that the primary goal of this company is to rebrand the bike helmet from being a commodity to being a lifestyle accessory. It significantly contributed to the helmet’s design, distribution localities, and marketing options.
Thousand has constructed collected works of impressive, modish, and pivotal bike helmet that can be worn by males and females alike. This helmets brand targets at putting an end to the displeasure that comes with wearing a bulky helmet, thus making it more discreet.
Thousand bike helmet collections are one of a kind. They are specially designed as City Bike Helmets and are fit for all types of bike riding. They come in thirteen (13) models, giving a rider a variety of options.
They are very comfortable and can be securely locked together with the bike. The helmet also has cost value than most helmet brands and has better enjoyable features for every rider.
The materials used in manufacturing this product are durable. Thousand Heritage Helmets meet all-important requirements, like the CPSC, EN, DOT and ECE standards for bike helmets and skateboard helmets.
Vintage motorcycle helmet designs aroused Thousand Heritage Helmets. However, Thousand Helmets’ designs are more fashionable. The helmets are low-profile helmets painted with cool colors. The helmet has an in-built visor that helps keep rain, sun, and wind out from disturbing the rider.
Pros & Cons of Thousand Bike Helmet
- Magnetic fastener – Thousand helmet collections have an in-built magnetic attachable buckle system that holds nicely and can be controlled with just one hand. It is both secure, hassle-free, and easily attached and detached.
- Color silhouettes – Thousand paints their helmets with cool colors that will keep all prying eyes away from your helmet. They offer the rider a choice between diverse colors and styles, thereby fitting the rider’s taste.
- Seven vents – This helmet has seven air vents that keep the rider cool during hot seasons. The vents are on the top and the back of the helmet to keep the bikers head cool. The helmet also has three cooling channels that keep a free flow of air between the head and the helmet. They prevent the riders head from getting all sweaty and hot.
- Fit straps – The Thousand Heritage helmets have fitted vegan leather straps. These straps fit comfortably on the rider when worn. The leather material used in making the strap makes it sweat-free. It was created with the riders’ environment at heart. The straps also offer the rider the option of adjusting it to a better fit.
- Dial fit system – The dial fit system keeps the helmet safe, secured, and adjustable. The dial is a proper fit for every rider. The dial fit system makes it easy to make small adjustments to the helmet. All you have to do is to turn the dial clockwise to tighten or anti-clockwise to loosen. The helmet’s inner padding is removable to achieve a perfect fit, and this will not affect the safety of the lid.
- Poplock – It is the most secure way to leave your helmet behind. The secret lock is adult anti-thief guaranteed. It comes as a hidden channel behind the logo design and is in a U-lock shape. U-locks are one of the best locks for securing helmets to the motorcycle frame. Also, the U-lock works better when secured to something solid and attached to the ground.
- Unisex – The helmet is for both women and men and is ideal for a road bike, bicycle, mountain bike, skateboard, longboard, and even recreational cycling.
- Guarantee – The Thousand helmets have with anti-theft and accident replacement guarantees. Meaning that if your helmet is stolen at the time, it was locked up or damaged in a crash; it will be replaced for free.
- Weight – Thousand helmets are usually light weighted. The specified weight is 1.8 pounds- 410g (S), 450g (M), and 490g (L). It makes it less heavy to wear on the head for a long ride.
- Visor – The helmet has a narrow visor that keeps sun rays from entering the eyes. It also prevents rain from splashing on the rider’s face, thereby giving the rider a clear view of the road.
- The matte finish will need to be handled with care to prevent the surface from scratching unnecessarily
- Thousand Helmets do not have an extra-large (XS) size.
Features of Thousand Bike Helmet
The helmet’s PopLock system is the most secure way to leave your helmet behind. This secret lock is anti-theft guaranteed. It is hidden behind the logo design, and blends effortlessly with the helmet design, making it less conspicuous to sight. All you have to do is to push the logo design out to make the hole accessible. The U-shaped helmet locks are mostly used on the helmet to secure it to your motorcycle frame safely. However, the PopLock is designed to fit most of the locks in the market.
The helmet has an in-built low-profile visor. The narrow visor bulges out a little in front to keep sun rays from getting into the eyes. This visor also prevents rain from splashing on the rider’s face, thereby giving the rider a clear view of the road. The helmet itself has some similarities with a face cap.
The helmet comes alongside two sets of inner padding. One is inside the helmet, and the other comes in a little package. So, a user has the option of changing the padding to a clean one when dirty. Another option is to fix the two pads to the helmet to give a tighter, comfortable, and better fit.
Dial fit system
The dial fit system keeps the helmet safe and secure. It looks like a black knob situated at the back of the helmet. The dial is a proper fit for every rider. It makes it easy to adjust the helmet’s fitting on the head slightly. All you have to do is turn the dial clockwise to tighten or anti-clockwise to loosen the helmet’s grip on the head.
Thousand helmets have the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which certifies every product to be used by children. It also has the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM F1492) Certification for helmets used in skateboarding and roller skating. Also, the helmet is European EN 1078 approved, which entitles the helmet to pedal cyclists and skateboard and roller skates users.
Thousand helmets are usually light weighted. The specified weight is 1.8 pounds – 410g (S), 450g (M), and 490g (L). It makes it less heavy to wear on the head for a long ride.
How Does Thousand Helmets Poplock Work?
Thousand Poplock has a unique feature that is not in other helmets. The Poplock is the detachable magnetic-stringed logo at the back right of the helmet. The magnet helps snap back the logo in place when your helmet is not locked to your bike. And the string safely attaches it to the helmet, so it does not fall off when your helmet is on lock.
The Poplock is about 1” in diameter, and is designed to fit in most helmets U-locks, cable locks and chain locks. More so, if you are looking for a helmet that you can easily fasten to your backpack, then Thousand helmet is the deal.
It is reinforced to lock your helmet and prevent theft securely, and here’s how to use the Poplock in three easy steps:
- Crack the Poplock off. The sting will keep it attached to the helmet. So, don’t worry about losing it.
- Slip in your helmet lock through the hole. The hole is large enough to accommodate all brands of helmet locks.
- Lock your helmet together with your motorcycle. Make sure the lock is attached to your helmet, then to your bike, and then to a stable, unmovable frame. That is how easy it is to use the PopLock for securing your helmet.
Thousand Bike Helmet Replacement Policy
The Thousand helmets are the only helmets with a guaranteed replacement policy in events of damage or theft. That is why lots of people are in love with this helmet. The replacement policy offers a FREE replacement for a damaged helmet with a helmet of equal or lesser quality. In case the helmet is stolen while locked up to your bike, the company will replace it for free. More so, there is a policy for replacements in the event of an accident. If the helmet damages in an accident, or a crash, the company will also replace it for free.
However, to get your helmet replaced from a higher-priced collection of helmets, you have to pay the difference between the new helmet and the damaged helmet.
Thousand Cycling Helmet Video Review
Thousand Bike Helmet (FAQs)
How do I know my size?
A Sizing chart is available on Thousand site. However, to make it easier, measure the sphere of your head using tape. If the measurement falls between small and medium sizes, request for the smaller size. More so, the straps of the helmet are adjustable to fit all sizes.
Also, the fit pads in the helmet’s interior are removable, so the rider can easily remove one of the pads if it is too tight.
Will the ventilation reduce heat penetration when the weather is hot?
The vents in the helmet are rightly positioned to reduce direct heat from the sun. Also, these vents have three cooling channels to keep a free flow of air between the head and the helmet and prevent the riders head from getting all sweaty and hot.
Does the helmet have a return policy?
Yes, it does. It is possible only if the item is returned unopened. Thousand has a 30-day exchange policy, meaning that the item must be returned within 30 days of purchase. Once you email the company, they will send you a return label so you can send your helmet back to them. Your new helmet will be shipped back to you once they have received the original.
Is the helmet lid scratch resistant?
The helmet has a matte finish. Matte finish paints easily collect swirls, scratches, and other blemishes over time. So, it will need careful handling to prevent the surface from excessive scratching.
Are the straps replaceable?
The helmets’ straps are in-built and permanent. They are irreplaceable.
Thousand made using motorcycle helmets easy and comfortable, especially for riders who like low-profile products. They wear their helmets daily as they look excellent from all angles.
Thousand Helmets allow riders to leave their helmets behind safely. Wearing it is safe, secure, and comfortable. It is custom-fitted and has a simple snap-lock. The Poplock makes it convenient to leave the helmet behind.
Thousand Bike Helmet Review portrays all the features of this helmet.